Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wheels and DC Motors

 
After doing a couple night's worth of research, I settled on the Parallax 7.2V Motor, Bracket and Wheel Kit. The wheels on the website were blue but when my order came in, they were orange. Turns out that I think they look really cool so I'm glad! I believe these are exactly what I was looking for.
 
 
 
 I had some concerns with mounting the wheels to the platform. If I was going to drill the holes manually, I would have to make sure they were perfectly straight or else they would be out of alignment causing them to fight each other when moving. So in my Solidworks model of the platform, I added the holes. This would ensure that the holes would at least be straight on the platform. Putting bolts that are too thin would also increase the chance of them not being aligned also so I made sure that I used the largest possible bolts.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment